Termination of cohabitation

When two people stop living together, often many things have to be arranged. Consider the arrangements for the children, the division of the jointly owned assets and the shared residence.

When mutual agreement is still possible between you and your ex-partner, you want to settle the consequences of the termination of the cohabitation together. Not only for you, but also for your children. You might want guidance on navigating the seperation process, an explanation of the legal rules and the recording of the agreements in a comprehensive cohabitation termination agreement and parenting plan. This can also be done through mediation. Linda Elbertse specializes as a seperation lawyer and as a seperation mediator. Click here for a page on separation mediation.

Mutual consent can’t always be achieved. Sometimes it’s necessary to ask the judge to make a decision. Law Firm Elbertse can help with this as well.

You can also contact us if problems arise later, such as disputes about alimony for the children, custody over or acces to the children, financial matters or the division of the jointly owned or rented house.